En esta lección aprenderemos las frases útiles en inglés que usamos en el banco, y nos familiarizaremos con algunos términos y frases que se utilizan a menudo cuando hacemos transacciones en el banco.
Vocabulario útil para el banco en inglés
|cashier/teller||cajero/a||The teller asked to see my ID before she gave me the cash.|
|current account||cuenta corriente||I only have about €300 in my current account.|
|high interest account||cuenta de alto interés||Henry put some money into a high interest account.|
|balance||balance||We just paid all our bills so I don’t even want to look at my balance.|
|debit card / cash card||tarjeta de débito||Paul doesn’t carry cash, he pays for everything with his debit card.|
|hole in the wall / cashpoint / ATM||cajero automático||I need to find a cashpoint – I haven’t got any cash.|
|overdraft||descubierto||They had an overdraft of thousands of dollars but they’ve finally paid it off.|
|overdrawn||descubierto||I looked at my balance and I discovered I was €200 overdrawn!|
|in the red||números rojos||We had to buy a new car so we’re in the red.|
|in the black||tener dinero en el banco||The company is finally beginning to make money so we’re in the black.|
|standing order||orden permanente||We have a standing order to pay €100 a month to this charity.|
Frases útiles para el banco en inglés
|Hacer transacciones||Otros servicios||Otras frases útiles|
|I’d like to make a withdrawal, please.|
I want to make a withdrawal.
Teller: How would you like the money?
Client: In tens, please. (ten pounds notes)
Could you give me some smaller notes?
I’d like to pay this cheque in, please.
How many days will it take for the cheque to clear?
Teller: Have you got any identification (ID)?
Client: I’ve got my passport/license/ID card.
I’d like to transfer some money to this account.
Could you transfer $1000 from my current account to my deposit account?
|I’d like to open a personal/business account.|
Could you tell me my balance, please?
Could I have a statement, please?
I’d like to change some money, please.
What’s the exchange rate for (euros, dollars, etc.)?
Could I order a new cheque book, please?
I’d like to cancel a cheque.
I’d like to cancel this standing order.
|Where’s the nearest cash machine?|
What’s the interest rate on this account?
I’ve lost my bank card…
I want to report a …
lost credit card.
stolen credit card.
I’ve forgotten the PIN for my card.
Could I make an appointment to see the manager/ a financial advisor?
Ejercicios de frases útiles en el banco en inglés
- Elige la respuesta correcta.
- You can take money out from your ______ anytime. (current account)
- current account b. bank statement c. high-interest account
- The person that serves you in the bank and is usually behind the glass screen is a ______. (cashier)
- cashier b. courier c. janitor
- If you forget your PIN, you can’t withdraw money from _______. (hole-in-the-wall)
- hole-in-the-wall b. cashier c. teller
- You can write an amount on it and sign it. You can use it to make a payment with instead of cash. (cheque)
- cheque b. bank statement c. credit card
- When you travel to another country, you can change your money in the ______ counter. (foreign exchange)
- teller b. foreign exchange c. cashier
- A special plastic card that allows you to take money out from your bank using a cash machine. (debit/cash card)
- cheque book b. debit/cash card c. credit card
- An amount of money that the account holder is allowed to owe to the bank. (overdraft)
- overdrawn b. overdraft c. current account
- Having taken more money out of your bank account than the account has. (overdrawn)
- overdrawn b. overdraft c. current account
- If your bank account is _______, you owe money to the bank. (in the red)
- in the red b. in the black c. overdraft
- An instruction to a bank to pay a particular amount of money at regular times from a person’s bank account to another bank account. (standing order)
- standing order b. cheque book c. current account
- Utiliza las frases apropiadas en las situaciones dadas.
- You need more money to buy something very important. You went to the cashier and say:
________________________________ (I’d like to make a withdrawal, please.)
- You went to the bank to open your own account. You tell the cashier:
________________________________ (I’d like to open a personal account, please.)
- Teller: Mam, do you any identification?
You: ________________________________ (I’ve got my passport/license, etc.)
- You called your bank. You want to transfer money from your current account to your deposit account. You say: ________________________________ (I’d like to transfer money from my current account to my deposit account.)
- Teller: Sure, mam. How much would you like to transfer?
You: ________________________________ (Could you please transfer $10,000 from my current account to my deposit account?)
- You lost your credit card, so you called your bank. You said: _____________________________
(I’d like to report my lost credit card. The number is ——–.)
- You travel to another country. You went to the foreign exchange counter in the bank and asked the current exchange rate. You said: ________________________________ (What’s the current exchange rate for euros/dollars, etc.?)
- You were unhappy with how the cashier served you in the bank. You asked for an appointment to see the bank manager. You said: ________________________________ (Could I make an appointment with the bank manager, please?)
- You called your bank to cancel an existing standing order. You said: ________________________________ (I’d like to cancel this standing order.)
- You forgot the password to your debit card, so you can’t check your balance. You called the bank and said: _________________ (Can you tell me my balance, please?)
Ejercicio de comunicación sobre frases útiles en el banco en inglés
- Why is it necessary to learn and familiarize some of the expression used in the bank?
- Have you tried doing bank transactions outside your country?
- Have you tried calling your bank’s customer service hotline? How was your experience?
- Have you experienced taking out money from the cash machine but no cash was dispensed?
- Can you remember one of the best experiences you’ve ever had when doing bank transactions?