Salario e incentivos en inglés; Todo el mundo trabaja a cambio del sueldo y beneficios que una empresa ofrece. Todo el mundo desea tener un trabajo bien remunerado y, si es posible, con buenos beneficios adicionales también. Siempre queremos ser parte de la mejor compañía.
En esta lección aprenderemos el vocabulario que necesitamos saber cuando hablamos de salarios y beneficios laborales.
Tabla de contenidos
Wage, salary y benefit .Salario e incentivos en inglés
A wage is a particular amount of money that is paid to an employee, usually every week, according to the number of hours he/she has worked, especially for jobs that require physical skills or strength
A salary is a fixed amount of money, usually paid directly into employee’s bank account every month, which is agreed every year as pay for an employee.
Benefits are advantages such as medical insurance, life insurance, and sick pay, that employees receive from their employer in addition to money.
|the amount of money that someone earns a year in their job, not including any extra payments they may receive
|the amount of money paid to an employee for working beyond the time as agreed in the contract
|pago por horas extras
|extra money paid to an employee as a reward for good work or to encourage good work in the future
|pago por incentivos
|something extra, such as money or goods, that you are given because of your job
|the smallest amount of money that employers are legally allowed to pay someone who works for them
|a small amount of money given to someone who has provided you with a service
|a payment to someone who sells good that is directly related to the amount sold
|an extra amount of money given to you as a present or reward for good work as well as the money you are expecting
|something that you get for working, in addition to your pay, that is not in the form of money
|things such as medical insurance that a worker received in addition to money
|paquete de beneficios
Every new graduate wants to work in ABC Inc. for their good benefits package.
I receive a minimum wage, but I also get bonuses at the end of the month.
The customers in the restaurant gave tips to the staff if they were satisfied with their service.
¿Qué son “compensation” y “renumeration”?
Compensation and remuneration are the more formal words to use when talking about pay, salaries and benefits especially when we are talking about those in the senior management position.
|the total payment and benefits that an employee receives for doing a job
|paquete de compensación
|the salary and other benefits/advantages that an employer offers to an employee
|paquete de remuneración
|a person in charge of the principal business unit or function
|ejecutivo senior; alto ejecutivo
|share option / stock option
|the right of an executive to buy shares in their company at a lower price than usual
|an extra amount of money paid to an employee who has done their job well, helped increase sales or profits
|bono por desempeño
We received quarterly performance bonuses last week.
Our senior executives receive an excellent compensation package.
All employees are given stock options especially those in management positions.
Compensation is also used to talk about an amount of money that a senior management or other employees receive when they are forced to leave the company or organization – called severance payment – the pay and other advantages that an employee receives when their employment is ended by the management
Ejercicios sobre Salario e incentivos en inglés
- Elige la mejor respuesta para completar las oraciones.
- I get paid every month. I get a salary / wage. (salary)
- I am paid for every item that I sell because I don’t have a basic pay. I get commission / a bonus. (commissions)
- If we hit our target production, we will receive an incentive pay / a tip. (incentive pay)
- All employees receive medical insurance and a company car. I really like the fringe benefits / salary they give to their employees. (fringe benefits)
- If we do well in our job, we get a performance bonus / tip at the end of the month. (performance bonus)
- People eating in that restaurant give tips / bonuses to the waiters and staff if they are happy with the service they received. (tips)
1.2 Une la columna A y la columna B
|1. the salary and other benefits/advantages that an employer offers to an employee (c)
|a. share options
|2. the total payment and benefits that an employee receives for doing a job (e)
|b. senior executive
|3. the right of an executive to buy shares in their company at a lower price than usual (a)
|c. pay package
|4. an extra amount of money paid to an employee who has done their job well, helped increase sales or profits (f)
|5. a person in charge of the principal business unit or function (b)
|e. compensation package
|6. things such as medical insurance that a worker received in addition to money (g)
|f. performance bonus
|7. an extra amount of money given to you as a present or reward for good work as well as the money you are expecting (d)
|g. benefits package
|8. the smallest amount of money that employers are legally allowed to pay someone who works for them (j)
|9. a payment to someone who sells good that is directly related to the amount sold (h)
|i. overtime pay
|10. the amount of money paid to an employee for working beyond the time as agreed in the contract (i)
|j. minimum wage
- Reordena las palabras para hacer una oración completa.
- a basic salary / she / and / gets / a commission___________________________________(She gets a basic salary and a commission.)
- get paid / I / wages / and / from the customers / every week / receive tip_____________________________________(I get paid wages every week and receive tips from the customers.)
- the lowest amount / I / allowed / get / by the law.____________________________________(I get the lowest amount allowed by the law.)
- get a bonus / we / if we sell / the amount / more than / in a month___________________________________(We get a bonus if we sell more than the amount in a month.)
- get a salary / I / and also / every month / when I work extra hours / overtime pay___________________________________________(I get a salary every month and also overtime pay when I work extra hours.)
Ejercicio de comunicación sobre Salario e incentivos en inglés
- Are you currently working? What kind of payment do you receive? How often are you paid?
- What kind of benefits are do you for in a company?
- Do you think men and women should get paid the same for doing the same job?
- What fringe benefits have you received/ did you receive?
- Do the benefits offered by a company matter in your decision to accept a job offer?