Vocabulario de fútbol en inglés: En esta lección aprendermos vocabulario relacionado con el fútbol para entender mejor este deporte de equipo.
Las personas en el terreno de juego (Vocabulario de fútbol en inglés)
Rol de la persona
to defend the goal and keeping the other team from scoring goals; the only player who can use his hands in the penalty area
play near the goalkeeper to help defend their goal
a defending player who plays near the end of the pitch
plays between the forwards and the defenders, and try to get the ball to the forwards
sometimes called a striker; an attacking player in the team; main role is scoring goals
a player whose position is behind the other defenders whose main aim is to stop points from being scored
this player does not start on the field with other 11 players; he sits on the bench until it is time to replace a player
the person in charge of a football team; responsible for selecting players and the tactics they should use on the pitch
the person responsible for making sure that rules of the game are followed; uses a whistle to get the attention of the players
a person who helps the referee; two linesmen are on the pitch; main role is to let the referee know when the ball has gone out
juez de línea
Las partes del campo ( Vocabulario de fútbol en inglés)
A football pitch or field is the playing surface with markings to show the area of play. The parts of the pitch are the following:
the area where the substitute players sit and wait for their time to replace players
this is the circle which is 10 yards from the center spot of the pitch
this is the mark in the exact middle of the center circle where kick-off takes place
one of the four corners of the goal where a flag is placed and where corner kicks are taken
the two short boundary lines at each opposite end of the pitch
línea de gol
the marked line that goes across the pitch exactly halfway between each goal
marked lines going along the longest sides of the pitch; balls must completely cross the touchlines to be out of play, and if the ball is above or still on the touchlines, the ball is still in play
línea de banda
also known as the penalty box; the marked area near each goal in which the goalkeeper can use his hands to touch the ball
área de meta
a white mark in the penalty box where penalties are taken
punto de penalti
the goal consists of two vertical goals and a horizontal crossbar and a net attached to it to make it easier to know if the ball hit the goal
the horizontal bar of the goal
a goal consists of two vertical goal posts that are 8 yards apart
nets are attached to the goal posts and crossbar and are placed behind the goal to make it easier to know if the ball enters the goal
this is where the fans/supporters sit around the pitch
What are the terms associated with the football match?
the first kick of the game that signifies the start of the match
saque de salida
a sound blown by the referee which means the end of a football game
silbato, pitido de final del partido
a free kick taken from one of the four corners of the pitch
saque de esquina
two extra 15-minute periods played when the main 90-minute has passed and the game ends in a draw
a fouled player is given the free kick outside the penalty box
a shot at a goal that involves using the head to guide the direction of the ball
a player is given a yellow card if a serious foul is committed; if the same player receives two yellow cards in the match, it becomes a red card and that player must leave the game immediately
when a player receives a pass behind the last defender when the pass is made
fuera de juego
a free kick from the penalty spot made by one player against the goalkeeper of the opposite team
penalti; tiro de penalti
this happens when the game is tied after extra time in the competition and the winner needs to be decided
lanzamiento de penaltis
when a ball goes completely across the touchline to be out of play, a throw in is given to the opposite team of the last person who touched the ball.
saque de banda
The football or soccer ball is round and made of leather or similar material. The ball used in professional football leagues and in FIFA World Cup is called a size 5 ball. It has a specific size (circumference: 68-70 cm / 27-28 in) and weighs 410-450 grams / 14-16 ounces.
The FIFA World Cup
The FIFA World Cup is an international football / soccer competition held every four years among the 32 qualifying national teams. The winning country becomes the world champion.
In 2014, the competition was held in Brazil, and Germany was the champion.
In 2018, it was held in Russia, and France was the champion.
The next World Cup is in 2022, and who will be the next world champion?
Ejercicios de Vocabulario de fútbol en inglés
¿Quién soy? Nombra las personas del campo.
- I defend the goal, and I’m the only person who can use my hands in the penalty area. _________ (goal keeper)
- I don’t join the players at the start of the game. I sit on the bench and wait for the players to be replaced. ______ (substitute)
- I’m in charge of the football team. I select the players and tactics to use on the pitch. ______ (manager)
- I help the referee on the pitch. I let him know when the ball has gone out. _____ (linesman)
- I play near the goalkeeper to help defend the goal. _____ (defender)
- I am sometimes called the striker, and my main role is to score a goal. _____ (forward)
- I play near the end of the pitch. _____ (back/fullback)
- I’m responsible for making sure that the rules of the game are followed. _____ (referee)
- I always try to get the ball to the forwards. _____ (midfielder)
- I’m behind the other defenders, and my aim is to stop points from being scored. _____ (sweeper)
Une la columna A con la columna B.
1. bench (f)
a. where the kick off takes place
2. goal (j)
b. where the penalties are taken
3. center circle (i)
c. where the fans / supporters sit
4. center spot (a)
d. the marked line that goes across the pitch exactly halfway between each goal
5. stands (c)
e. one of the four angles where a flag is placed
6. penalty spot (b)
f. the area where the substitute players sit
7. penalty area (h)
g. balls must be above or still on this line to make it in play
8. halfway line (d)
h. a white mark in the penalty box
9. corner (e)
i. a circle which is 10 yards from the center mark of the pitch
10. touchline (g)
j. where the ball should be; the aim of the game
Elige la respuesta de la caja.
FIFA WORLD CUP
- This means the end of the game. (final whistle)
- A free kick taken from one of the four corners of the pitch. (corner kick)
- Two extra 15-minute periods played when the 90 minutes has lapsed. (extra time)
- Given to the player when a serious foul is committed. (yellow card)
- Signifies the start of the game. (kick-off)
- A free kick from the penalty spot against the goalkeeper of the opposite team. (penalty kick)
- An international football competition held every 4 years. (FIFA WORLD CUP)
- The playing surface of the game football. (pitch)
- A shot at the goal involving the head. (header)
- Given to the fouled player inside the penalty box. (free kick)
Ejercicio de comunicación de Vocabulario de fútbol en inglés
- Are you a football fan?
- Have you ever watched a live football game, like being in the stand with other fans?
- What is the difference between watching a football game live and on TV?
- Apart from being the national sport, why do you think Spanish people are into football?
- If football were not your national sport, what would be the other sport that could replace football as the national sport?